Your Google business listing is your company’s most visible asset. Improve your presence with Street View content (Virtual Tours). READ MORE
Plant your flag. When prospective customers seek you out on Google Maps, help ensure that their first encounters are great ones.
BUSINESS SEARCHES ON GOOGLE
Give travelers a tour of your hotel when they find your property on Google Search or Google Maps.
VIRTUAL TOURS HELP DOUBLE INTEREST IN BUSINESS LISTINGS
Those who view a listing with a virtual tour are twice as likely to be interested in booking a reservation there. And among 18-34 year-olds in particular, prospects are 130% more likely to book based on a tour.
TWO OUT OF THREE PEOPLE WANT MORE VIRTUAL TOURS
Among people surveyed, 67% want morebusiness listings to have virtual tours. Of the remainder, 26% were indifferent, and 7% stated that more virtual tours were unnecessary.
GOOGLE IS #1 FOR LOCAL SEARCH
When searching for restaurants and hotels online, 62% of people use Google.
Quantitative market research was conducted in July 2015 by an independent market research firm to understand the impact of virtual tours on increasing consumers’ interest in local businesses
- An online survey was conducted with consumers who had searched online for a restaurant or hotel within the previous 30 days (using any device).
- A total sample of 1201 respondents was collected between July 21st and August 2nd, 2015.
- Different versions of a local business listing (one for a hotel, the other for a restaurant) were created to include basic info, photos and/or a virtual tour (the same media were used to create each version).
- Respondents were asked to view one of the different versions for each business (in a randomized order). Each respondent viewed:
- 1 hotel listing + 1 restaurant listing; and
- 1 listing with a virtual tour + 1 listing without a virtual tour.
Note: Presentation of alternate listings were randomized evenly and consistently throughout field.
- After viewing each listing, respondents were instructed to rate their interest in booking a reservation.
- Ratings for alternate listings (with a tour versus without) were aggregated to understand impact of virtual tours on interest in the featured business.